The number that appears on your caller ID is spoofed.
That means that they are using a service that allows them to generate “pirated” number. These numbers may have been real numbers sometime ago and now disconnected.
There are so many calls coming from a number of different numbers, all trying to sell you on a car warranty.
All of them work alike where they try to sell you a premium that is either paid by credit card or financed to you. These are “brokers” who work on residual basis (Commission type) that solicit your agreement to something you already may have or something that ‘good luck” getting.
My suggestion: If you really want them to eat it….
1. Wait until number connects.
2. Tell them MADE UP MODEL OF YOUR CAR, use older year.
3. You will be connected to the supervisor.
4. Give him slightly changed VIN number.
5. Get him to go the loop of selling you.
6. Agree to everything. Make him happy.
7. Then ask him about his phone number, name and address.
8. You will be given Voice mail # 888-502-4697
, made up name.
9. Good luck getting there address, the guy will hang up.
10. Next time they call you may want to take it one extra step….