hese are outright crooks and the law is catching up to them. They have changed their tactics. If you got a representative on the phone, they used to tell you their company name and location. Now, they will only tell you "Account Services" or "Financial Services."

The way to deal with these people is to report them to the FCC, the FTC, and your state Attorney General.

In order to report them, you need to find out who is calling. Initially, they will refuse to give you any identifing information about their company. If you can pretend to be interested in their services, you may be able to extract what you need for your report to the authorities.

If the company calling you is Versadebt, here is how you can find them:
Versadebt Corp.
4501 Circle 75 Parkway
Suite #A-1225
Atlanta GA 30339

The company owner is Marvin Cox, Jr. He moved the company from Florida where it was located in Almonte Springs.

To illustrate how shady this company is, look at this link.
There is at least one Attorney General on their tail: ... all_violations/

Here are the links to file complaints with the Federal Government:


You will have to lookup your state Attorney General complaint site.

Here is another way to go after these telemarketers. If you are receiving many auto dialed robo calls (which are illegal, especially to cell phones), you can perform a call trace by dialing *57 after every call.

Once you have built up several traces, call your phone companies "unlawful call center." For example, if you use Verizon, you can call 877-872-2348. Once you get a representative on the phone, they will instruct you to contact your local police department to file a harrasement complaint. Verizon will also ask you to report back to them with your case number and police officer contact information. This is for them to release the call trace information. They are not allowed to release this to you.
 Sep 14th, 2009
How to use Call Trace (from Verizon's website)

Use Call Trace immediately after a call. It will trace the last call you received.

After receiving a call you want to trace, hang up the receiver to end the call.

Pick up the receiver and listen for the dial tone.
You must trace the call before another call is received.

Press (rotary phones dial 1-1-5-7) and follow the voice-recorded instructions.

Stay on the line and listen for a recording that tells you if Call Trace was activated and if the call was successfully traced.

Once you have successfully traced the required number of calls (differs by area), contact your local law enforcement agency and obtain a complaint number.
Note: You must repeat these steps each time you want to trace a call.

Taking further action by establishing a case

Some states require you to trace two or more calls in order to establish a case.

If you want to establish a case, call the Verizon Unlawful Call Center at 800-518-5507 (TTY: 800-254-5959), Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. with your complaint number to open a case.

If you want to hear a recorded message about how to use Call Trace, call 877-TRACE4U 877-872-2348) at any time.

Verizon will store Call Trace information for 90 days. You will be notified within 30 days if there is enough Call Trace information to be sent to a law enforcement agency. The action taken by law enforcement may vary by area. The records of all traced calls will be released to a law enforcement agency only.
 Oct 10th, 2007
I also got a call from 954-689-7681 number. I just did a *57 trace and then followed up with Verizon at 877-872-2348. They said they would not release the phone # unless I first filed a police report. I just filed a police report with my local police and will get it in a few days.

Once I get their real phone number, I plan to file a complaint with FTC at both of the the following URLs:$.startup

As I am on the Do Not Call list, I plan to file a do not call voliation:

Assuming I can get their real phone number, i will post it on here for others to also file similar complaints.
From New Jersey
 Jun 13th, 2007
Try Verizon Call Trace Service: 1-877-872-2348
 Jun 13th, 2007