hese are outright crooks and the law is catching up to them. They have changed their tactics. If you got a representative on the phone, they used to tell you their company name and location. Now, they will only tell you "Account Services" or "Financial Services."

The way to deal with these people is to report them to the FCC, the FTC, and your state Attorney General.

In order to report them, you need to find out who is calling. Initially, they will refuse to give you any identifing information about their company. If you can pretend to be interested in their services, you may be able to extract what you need for your report to the authorities.

If the company calling you is Versadebt, here is how you can find them:
Versadebt Corp.
4501 Circle 75 Parkway
Suite #A-1225
Atlanta GA 30339

The company owner is Marvin Cox, Jr. He moved the company from Florida where it was located in Almonte Springs.

To illustrate how shady this company is, look at this link.
There is at least one Attorney General on their tail:
http://ago.mo.gov/newsreleases/2008/TRO_again ... all_violations/

Here are the links to file complaints with the Federal Government:


You will have to lookup your state Attorney General complaint site.

Here is another way to go after these telemarketers. If you are receiving many auto dialed robo calls (which are illegal, especially to cell phones), you can perform a call trace by dialing *57 after every call.

Once you have built up several traces, call your phone companies "unlawful call center." For example, if you use Verizon, you can call 877-872-2348. Once you get a representative on the phone, they will instruct you to contact your local police department to file a harrasement complaint. Verizon will also ask you to report back to them with your case number and police officer contact information. This is for them to release the call trace information. They are not allowed to release this to you.
 Sep 14th, 2009