Venture Data is a Telesurvey company, based out of SLC, we have stations in Oregon (where I am) and Washington (which, I believe shut down, actually). When we call you, we usually say we're from MORI Research (especially in the DC greater area when doing stupid surveys about the Washington Post) or Call Research. Why? Not sure, I'm pretty new to the job. Our surveys are political. We don't sell anything, just ask you a bunch of questions that may seem stupid, awkward, sometimes condescending annnddd pretty push-polly.
1. Why do we call so late? Good question! Because SLC doesn't think. We just do our jobs and pray that you people will answer because the more surveys we get, the sooner we get to go home and not call people so late. It sucks, I understand but don't yell at the dialers.
2. Are you picking up the phone but nobody seems to be on the line? Our headsets are not the greatest quality. We have feedback and tons of lag-time. It's stupid. Tell SLC to give us better equipment.
3. On the National DNC list? That's generally only telemarketers. We're not selling a tangible item so we don't count. You have two ways of dealing with this. Answer 1: Call your phone provider and ask about their privacy block services. Answer 2: If you're nice to the dialer, you can ask to be put on our own personal DNC list. We'll explain to you that it'll only remove you from Venture Data and not any other survey company but that's one less, right?
4. If it were illegal to call you so late, we wouldn't be open until 9 or 10 p.m. We're a West Coast company. If someone dials you really late, ask for Salt Lake's address (or google it, it's easily available) and we'll give it to you. Again, don't yell at us. We're making minimum wage. We don't decide the hours. We don't make the rules. We're just doing our job.
5. We don't leave messages on your machine because we can't ask questions and get answers. We're looking for people, age 18+, who are registered to vote. It'd be pointless to leave a message. When we reach a machine, we dial a certain code and your number is recycled to call back again later. Same is said for people who politely refuse to take the survey. This part is completely random. Sometimes you won't hear from us for a long time, other days the machine will spit out your number like crazy. I once dialed a woman twice in a row. It was insane! The blame for this is on multiple levels. One, it's just a machine. Two, population to quota ratio.
6. "THEY CALL ME ON SUNDAY!!" Again. Doing our JOB! We all can't pick and chose our shifts. And some people don't do the whole church/sabbath thing. Crazy, I know, but it's true.
7. Calls about Auto-body work! Yes! We're also paid by Allstate to call you for a 3 minute survey to ask about your service and what you thought about your repairs. This is a special survey which requires training to conduct. It's just follow up. Even non-profits do it. A lot of stores do it nowadays as well.
8. Getting asshole dialers? You're number is usually recycled unless you state to be removed or start screaming (please don't do this one) so we can't help it if you say "not now" or just hang up. We're monitored and SLC will have a field day if we're burning their sample. However, if someone is being a dick just to be a dick, then give SLC a call. They'll figure out who did it.
9. Sometimes we ask to speak with the youngest male/female in the household (at least 18, gotta be voting age!) because the surveys are split into demographics based on age and gender. We have to get equal representation and, generally, women and people born before 1950 are far more willing to take surveys. We start asking to talk to certain people because our bosses and computers tell us that we're meeting quota on said demographic.
10. Voting registration cards? If that were the case, we wouldn't be asking when we called and calling so many unregistered numbers. It's purely randomly generated. Your information hasn't been bought. Relax.
11. Again, listen to the other employees who are telling you what to do. You want them to stop calling you? Pick up and say "No thanks, please take me off your calling list." SIMPLE. Your number won't be recycled. Swearing will only have pissed of dialers call you again. Being a dick to someone doing their job isn't going to make them want to cooperate. It applies to other jobs, too. D-bag customer? Not going to help you find what you're looking for until you drop that attitude.
12. What to know who is paying for the survey we call you for? We dialers don't know. Our bosses withhold that to keep us from biasing the survey. Sometimes it seems obvious but then I found some politicians bash themselves because they want to see how easily swayed you are. There are two states that have laws regarding release of survey information. We're told before the dialing starts and tell you either before, after, or upon request. If we say we don't know, you're not that qualifying state. However, if you ask for SLC's address, they can tell you.
13. Sometimes we'll dial your FAX machine or modem or whatever else. Accident. Computer randomly generates numbers and we push in codes so it won't happen again.
14. We're not a billing company. We never EVER call to tell you that you owe to such-and-such. They have their own reps for that.
Seriously. The more nice you kids are and the more you cooperate, the sooner we can fill our quota and go home. Or to the bar to forget that everyone hates us more than we hate ourselves.
VD Employee Nov 28th, 2009
These people called my home at 10:30 pm! Who does that? They said they were a research company talking to people about their opinions on global warming; can they not ask these questions at a descent hour? Are they going to come to my house and get my kids settled back into bed? I don't think so. Aren't there laws against these companies calling after 9 pm? Idiots!
Calls late at night and no one on line!
Wow, you're remarkably rude the caller and they're rude back? Go figure.
Also, as someone stated before, if you just ask politely to be removed from the call list, it will be done. Slamming the phone down doesn't get you removed. Screaming at the top of your lungs about how this is illegal and you're going to sue sure is hell isn't going to get you removed, since it's such obvious bullshit. You're just going be the joke of the day at the company. I don't understand why you all seem to think that being a jackass is going to solve your problem. Just SAY that you're not interested, don't give some phoney, jaded excuse about how you're "so busy" right now, or "just heading out the door." You'll just get a call back later. Is that so hard?
Remember that the people calling you have a job to do. Don't tell them to "get a real job" or "get a life." I hate this job more than anything, but you know what? I'm in college, I need to pay my bills, and this is the only job I can find right now that will accommodate my class schedule. So unless you're going to offer me a job with flexible hours that pays above minimum wage, I don't really care what you have to say. I'm just going to hang up on me because I don't feel like staying on the line while you verbally abuse me.
I Never answer their calls. Don't know who they are and don't care.
I don't answer unknowns, especially at 9:55 pm ... would like to block this caller.
hung as soon as I picked up
3 times in 2 days! Line is busy when try to call back.
I received a call from this number but no one answers. (Computer Dialer) Must be a telemarketer.
got a call from this no. lol wasnt home to answer!!!! what is this world coming too?
Some research company. I hung up on them after saying no and then filed a complaint with the DNC Registry since I am on the DNC list.
I have received several calls from this phone number and ID over the past few days and at various times of the day...the worst was last night at 9:30. I never answer because I assume it is a Telemarketer, but 9:30 is TOO late.
Called this DNC number ..have no idea who they are.. any suggestions? Venturedata3
They call after 9 PM - is'nt that illegal ??? Jerk's !
received call @ 9:30 did not answer
Called @ 5:12 PM EST. I took the call this time and the caller said "uhhh, I think I have the wrong number..."
calling at 9:30 pm told them i was sleeping and asked if they had any idea what time it was they hung up
Called @ 6:47pm. No message.
received several calls from Venture Data 3, I never pick up. Do not know what is in reference to. Wish they would quit calling. Sometimes twice within 30 minutes.
called but i didn't answer. blocked them with my sunrocket phone!
calls, but when answering machine picks up, they hang up.
Charlene Chaix Mar 30th, 2007
calls daily leaves no message ID says VentureData3
These bastards call me 3-5 times a day and even on Sunday.
Busy signal on returning call.
Called at 5:15PM. I didn't recognize the name or number on my caller ID, so I let the answering machine pick it up. They hung up instead.
I noticed someone said Venture Data3 did once ask about someone's insurance claim for auto body work, which I recently had done as well, so that could have been why they called. Never had a call from them before.
They asked for the youngest household male member under 18 years old and when said that was sick and I would never let them speak to anyone they told me they would call until they wore me down... sickos
Called 3/13/07 8:25pm Identified as VentureData3. We are on Nat'l Do No Call List. Did not answer call.
calls at least 3-5 times a day between the hours of 100pm and 600 pm
Called several times in the last week. I love caller ID.
Asked for someone who does't live here.
I called "Barney, Frank
5353 S. 960 East Suite 100
Salt Lake City, UT 84117
And I got an answer right away. He said my phone number came from either a randomly generated list of numbers in a specific area code or from voter registration records that were purchased.
Um...wtf...companies can buy voter registration records???
The call I got was about an area that my cell number does not belong, so i assume it was from registering to vote.
doesnt matter Mar 04th, 2007
Received another hag up call from this number...this is the third time they have called, once ging to the answering maching but with no msg.
they sat on VM saying nothing then hung up
when i pick up they hang up when i call the number back its always busy call at least twice a day
I got a phone call from 541-868-1309 and it scared me because my fiance has a 541 number..so who ever this is needs to stop...
Mr. 5418681309 and the datians, DON"T YOU DARE call these people idiots. YOU are the ones bothering THEM. It's kindergarten simple yet seemingly beyond your grasp. Johnnysmith has it RIGHT and so does everyone else. You think we are all idiots and that's why you want to ask us a few questions because you really need to survey US IDIOTS.
How can you live with yourselves?
Im in the 323 area code and I am not answering this 541 at 5:05 pm
called on a sunday afternoon. I requested they take our # off of their list. They said they couldn't even though I was on the fcc.gov no-call list because they were not selling anything. I went to thei homepage and called the 800 number for bids and estimates and requested they not call back. The thing is, they are selling something, information they collect from me to their clients. How does this not count as commerce? I hate people calling me who are not supposed to
johnnysmith Jan 28th, 2007
Has been calling my house every day for 2 weeks. I never answer, ad there is never a message on answering machine. This is getting ridiculous.
3 X's in two days. It just says on caller ID, Eugene, OR
I've received several of these calls from both this Eugene, OR and another from Spokane, WA. Both are calls froom Venture Data. I never answer my telephone, no messages left, but the constant ringing is beginning to be a bit irritating.
Received numorous calls from VENTURE DATA3 the latest on at 1745 hrs 8Jan.
Curiously, despite seeing the number on caller ID numorous times, I can only find it listed in Caller ID once. And we have several phones.
We have never answered the call.
I'd sure like to fidn out who Karen is and kick her buttox.
Caller ID =
"Voice Info Sys"
hang up when answer. Got one call from this # on 1/2/07 and twice the next day.
If you people want the Venture Datians to quit calling, pick up your damn phone and tell us verbally to please stop calling! The do not call list DOES NOT APPLY TO THIS COMPANY! All these people are doing is their JOB! The number will be pulled from the computer system when you say DONT CALL! Idiots
5418681309 Dec 17th, 2006
Have called 4 times. No voice mail.
This is the first time they've called. I answered and after a very long pause a woman said hello. I said, "Thank you for calling Pizza Hut Wing Street, will this be for delivery or carryout?" She hung up, and no I'm not at Pizza Hut.
Called several times, but no one answers. When I try to call back, all I receive is a busy signal.
Obviously a fraud.
I got 2 calls from VentureData3 today, Saturday. I always let my answering machine screen my calls. They don't leave a message. From my research, it looks like this company does marketing/research for others.
They are calling like crazy. Its about 4 times a day for the last week. they start early inthe morning. no messgage and noboody there.
RECEIVED THEIR 20th OR SO CALL OVER THE PAST FEW WEEKS. ALWAYS SEEMS TO CALL AROUND SAME TIME, 12:30-1:30 P.M. AND AGAIN AROUND 9:30 AT NIGHT. NO ONE ON LINE BUT CAN HEAR NOISES IN BACKGROUND. ALWAYS THE SAME CALLER ID # 1-541-868-1309 "VENTURE DATA3". NEVER LEAVES A VOICE MESSAGE ON THE ANSWERING MACHING. WILL MAKE A REPORT TO THE "DO NOT CALL" PEOPLE AND TRACK DOWN THEIR EMAIL ADDRESS. WHAT PIGS!!!!
Started recieving calls from this number and "unavailable ID" about a week ago. Occurs between one and three times a day.
I have receieved several calls from this phone number, but to date, no message has been left. I think they've called me about 5 or 6 times. The latest was today.
they've called twice today - how does one make them STOP?
Intesting, just received a call on my cell phone, but no message left. I noticed the comment above regarding a body shop visit though an insurance company. I'm curious because my car was just repaired. insurance company is a large national company that starts with "A"
Have started receiving calls, four so far. They do not leave a message. After reading comment from VD4EVER explaining that they will only go away if we tell them to, I will take that advice. I can somewhat understand political polls being exempt from the Do Not Call List; but elections are over. These other polls should not be exempt.These are personal matters.
This number has called 10 times in the last 2 days. Did not answer and they did not leave a message. Always call at meal times.
These idiots have called my home several times all different times , I do not answer theyre calls , and they have never left a message on my answering machine , but I fixed em today , put my call alert on which says " the caller you are calling does not know you & therefore is not accepting your call " and disconnected their call they haven't called back since ! too bad cause now I'm having fun annoying them ! by the way you can also call your local telephone company and report to them the harrassing calls and they can block them from calling you
Called about 8 times in the last 5 days...I never answer the call.
I've gotten 2 calls a day from this number for almost a week now - have not answered it. Have no idea how to get them to stop.
After four hung-up calls, they have tried to poll an angry liberal californian on conservative florida issues.
My caller id say eugene oregon.
Venture Date3 called twice today... I didn't answer and they don't leave a msg. As most of the other posts suggest political polling, what are they up to after election day???
Very annoying. They even called in the middle of the night! Received about 5 calls from them. I do not pick up calls that I do not recognize.
Over 4 calls from them this evening, no messages left. I picked up once and just heard background noise - I hung up.
I have received two calls from this number. First time they hung up when I answered, the second time I did not answer.
Got several calls in the past week.
It's always been when I'm not home.
Always around 7PM.
No clue if they only call once, or multiple times.
No messages left.
Comes up as "Voice Info Sys" in my caller ID.
Have received about 5 or 6 calls on my cell phone, they never leave a voicemail.
My caller ID shows they have called 6 times over the last several days, twice today, Nov. 11. I do not answer, they don't leave a message. I am on the DO NOT CALL lists.
I Picked up one the first or second ring. I interupted the lady rep. told her listen, You keep calling me. Take me off your calling list .I am on the do not call registry If you call here again I will report you. I think I caught her off guard. she said she would take me off the list and I hung up.
www.Data3Lawsuit.com // I am sick and damn tired of big business thinking they can hide behind gov reg's, and I am tired of the Government thinking the people will just let it happen!! I have just registered this domain name and plan to have proof of the harassment, disrespect and other ignorant tactics this company uses! please save this domain in your favorites.. it will be HERE SOON!!!!
I have received two calls from this number. One on 11-10-2006 at 9:28pm and again on 11-11-2006 at 10:11am
This is the first time they called. They called me 4 times this evening without leaving a message.
just got caller ID today. ID says venture data3. 21045
I answered, asked to be taken off the list, then they laughed and said we don't have a list.
The caller called twice no message.
Called at 0526pm. Did not answer - busy when tried to call back
This company calls constantly! We thought by not answering the call they would give up, not them. I quess they became frustrated because a VERY CRUDE message was left on my machine. I have saved the message and I am filing a complaint also contacting the FCC. What a shame, people at home minding their own business are subject to this.
Carla Borland Nov 06th, 2006
received several missed calls from this number on 11/5/06 and the weekend before. no message left
They have been calling for the past couple of days. I have been ignoring but the calls are becoming more frequent (3 times already today). When I try to call the number it says, "we're sorry; the number you have reached is not in service..." Probably a total of 6 calls from this number. Can't wait to answer next time :)
Tricia Eustache Nov 05th, 2006
i recieved about 3 calls and no message. when i call back it is always busy. i think it is the same thing as xyz got, maybe regarding my car?
I got a call from Venture Data3...didn't recognize the #, so I did not answer. There was along pause with some slight background noise and then a male voice said very solomly..."I need help!" Then hung up...very wierd...I tried to call the # back, but was always busy.
constantly calling with no response when answered and no messages
Called 11/1 at 9:36 PM, I answered and got no response. Caller ID said Venturedata3, and when I tried to call back got busy signal. I have just moved and have not yet set up with do not call registry. I am in Phoenix AZ.
Indicates Operations mgr=Daniel Desatoff
the call was at 10 p.m. and when I asked if he knew what time it was the smartass said it was time for survey and he could not be sure he would not call again when I told him not to call back and we were on the do not call list
Another useful link: http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/complaints.html
Bastards called at 9:56pm and left no message.
Feel free to harass them, Google brought this up for me: http://www.venturedata.com/pages/contact.html
Answered on the first ring, no one was there. Nothing on caller ID.
Bruce - IL Oct 26th, 2006
Received call from VentureData3 -- who are they??
How do we stop them??
Received call from Venture Data3 at 9:45. They were rude when we questioned the lateness of the call
Called 2 times, no message
Called 9:30pm for a "survey". Told them to consider the time and he didn't seem to care. I hung up on him.
Called first time, no messaage
What is the point of the Do Not Call Registry? It doesnt seem to do anything. Correct me if I am wrong but couldnt we all ban together and a do a Class Action Lawsuit against these companies? We pay for our phone lines cell phones etc we should have the right to opt out of these calls any lawyers on this site?