unless
several
week
raiser
claimed
fund
area
dave
michigan
They claimed to help victims of fires. A supervisor told me that only 20% of the money actually goes to victims; the fund-raising organization takes the other 80%. As far as I'm concerned, that's a serious abuse of their tax-exempt status.
Bob
 Apr 17th, 2010
They called ... I did not answer! I called back and received message that they are a non-profit fire fighting charitable fund raiser.
AC
 Mar 24th, 2010
I do not answer "unknown" "unavailable" or "private number". I do not give to charities who call and bother me at home.
sdn
 Feb 18th, 2010
Called and said "you're not there...you will be...I know when!"
Threatened
 Apr 22nd, 2009
I get calls from this number and another Michigan number constantly. I never pick up because I don't answer the phone when I don't know who it is; but they never leave a message.

I may answer now to try to get off their list.
Susan
 May 05th, 2007
Called refused to name company he represented. I demanded we be removed from call list and he claimed a right to call despite our being on the Do Not Call list.
vinnie
 Feb 26th, 2007
Persistent caller. I no longer answer when I see this number.
Allison
 Feb 13th, 2007
I do not answer any call from "Out of Area".

Thanks Dave for that comment.
Jay
 Feb 08th, 2007
This number comes up "Michigan call" on caller ID several times per week. I don't answer unless I recognize a name.
Shelley
 Jan 14th, 2007
Four attempts from this number yesterday, 11/28/06
AOH
 Nov 29th, 2006
I don't answer calls that say "Out of Area" unless I recognize the number This is the first time they have called, but I am going to watch for them.
George
 Oct 30th, 2006
I get calls from this number several times per week. I never answer when I see the "Unknown Name"
Tom
 Oct 18th, 2006
It showed up as an "Unknown Name". I asked who they were and they were very hestitant until I insisted. They're a "fund raiser" for "firefighters". In other words, a PROFESSIONAL FUND RAISER who "may" give a very small amount to the subject group. I hung up. No matter who it is (unless you're familiar with the particular group) give DIRECTLY to that group. Don't go through fund raisers. Take care. - Dave
Dave
 Oct 09th, 2006

13 Comments